Key points for safe travel
The health and safety of our passengers and our crews are always our paramount priority. We adopt every possible hygiene measure and protection concept to ensure that you feel secure and at ease throughout your Helvetic Airways journey.
Please familiarize yourself in good time with the current entry provisions at your vacation destination. The information below for the destinations in our summer schedules is not exhaustive, and may also be subject to change or modification at any time.
What we’re doing for your health
- All our aircraft have advanced air filters installed, and are particularly thoroughly cleaned.
- We’ve reduced our inflight service to help keep everyone safe:
- limited food and beverage service
- no inflight duty-free sales
What you can do for your health
- Please strictly follow all the instructions and hygiene guidelines of the Swiss Federal Office of Public Health (FOPH) at all times.
- Should you feel unwell or notice any possible COVID-19 symptoms before you begin your trip, we advise you not to travel, but to call your doctor instead.
- If you feel that you are OK to travel, bring a face mask with you and wear it throughout your flight. Be sure to bring enough face masks with you, too, to cover your whole trip.
COVID-19 entry provisions for Switzerland
Below are details of the new official government regulations for entering Switzerland which come into effect on Monday 22 February to help prevent the further spread of COVID-19. These entry provisions apply for travellers arriving in Switzerland by air. When checking in for your flight, please voluntarily present the corresponding documents.
All passengers traveling to Switzerland must be able to present one of the following documents:
- Negative coronavirus test result
- Vaccination certificate proving that you have been fully vaccinated in accordance with the requirements of the FOPH
- Recovery certificate proving that you have fully recovered from a COVID-19 infection, including a positive PCR test result that is between 10 days and 6 months old
- Passenger Locator Form
All travellers to Switzerland must register themselves via the swissplf.admin.ch website prior to arrival. Please present the email confirming such registration when you check in for your flight to Switzerland. Just enter any seat number when regisering: you will be assigned your seat at check-in and can then modify your registration if necessary via the confirmation you are sent.
If you need any further information, please contact the Swiss Federal Office of Public Health directly at https://www.bag.admin.ch.
As of 6 July 2020, all travellers entering Switzerland from certain regions must go into quarantine. The FOPH keeps a list of the affected regions and updates this regularly. Rules regarding entry to Swiss territory can be bound below:
Hotline for COVID-19 travel information